Default Deep Drop at Night?

Anyone try deep drop at night? Any difference in the bite?

Don't know that anyone has ever had any success as the whole reason for day dropping is that the fish are deep during the day and come up in the water column at night. Harry

Kawakibi, are you talking about sword deep dropping, or bottom fish deep dropping? If you mean swords, just read what Harry said above. If you mean for bottom fish, I've tried it, but haven't done as well at night as in daylight. Very often the bite picks up just as the sun rises. Harry's done more DD bottom fishing than me, and I think plenty at night commercially.

I thought he meant sword fishing. When we DD in the gulf the bite stops as you get toward dusk and there is nothing at night. The bite starts again once the sun comes up. We notice that the deeper the water the earlier in the evening it slows and the later in the morning it starts again. For our belief that in 1000 feet there is no light penetration on the bottom for some reason the fish sure seem to know what is going on above them. Harry

Thanks guys, I meant DD for bottom fish. I figure the swords do their thing at night and come up, but wasn't sure if the other fish woke up at night. I guess its always night down there. lol

I prob will never do it at night, but just wondered if anyone had experience with it.

Squid

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Klauber View Post
    I thought he meant sword fishing. When we DD in the gulf the bite stops as you get toward dusk and there is nothing at night. The bite starts again once the sun comes up. We notice that the deeper the water the earlier in the evening it slows and the later in the morning it starts again. For our belief that in 1000 feet there is no light penetration on the bottom for some reason the fish sure seem to know what is going on above them. Harry
    Agreed. I think the Tiles in particular dig in to avoid the eels that come out. I f anything we can pick up a few Barrel Fish but I agree totally.

A while back I was doing well one afternoon catching Blue Line tiles... until the sun went down. The bite turned-off like a light switch. Made me a believer.

Thread Information