Default sounder/fishfinder suggestions

for grady-white 263cc. generally in 60 feet to 1,000 feet

thanks.

pete

Tinker

it depends on the transducer , whatever you do confirm that you are not buying a transom mount transducer with the unit, i would try to get an Air Mar transducer hands down, make sure the unit ( furuno, raymarine, lowrance) can run a 1kw 50/200 khz and the rest of it depends on the transducer , some thing similar to a B260 if you can, be careful when you are trailering (bunker position on the bottom of boat) they are also making a new transducer B164 that is really nice and is easy to mount easy for trailering, apparently some of these companies are triyng to get the price down and have been purchasing transducers from Mexico that are not really working over the 200ft mark to go with there units. expect to spend at least $700 on just the transducer.

my 2 cents

Airmar Transducers Home Page

call these guys they are very knowlegble and full of info
    New Page 2

Squid

petep,

Forget $700 for a transducer! Get a 600 watt unit with dual frequency. the Grady's usually have a recess in the hull for mounting the thru hull transducers.

A bronze Airmar 600 watt 'ducer will run you aboy $250-$300.00. Pick the unit that you find the easiset to operate. furuno, Simrad, raymarine are the ones we sell the most of. Garmin is also a excellent unit.

Best of Luck,
    BuzzCutt

Petep, I have the Garmin 3210 with a thru hull transducer.... Hands down the best bests product for the money....
    Sopla2o's Dusky

3210 Garmin COŅO!!!!!!!!

Default Raymarine

Petep,

For GPS capabilities you probably can't get better than Garmin, but for fishfinding "not so good". I know of three boats with Garmin 3210, all three with thru hull transducers and the clarity and detail cannot compare to my raymarine E120. My brother has the same exact boat as I do and I hate to go bottom fishing with his boat, and he admits it that you can't compare. With that being said furuno's are also great and some would say (not me)even better.

Compare all 3 in person and on a boat if possible before you buy, that is what I did and I actually learned a lot about these three systems. It is a big investment and you want to do it right the first time. I actually had Garmin on another boat and was extremely disappointed, eventually I took it off and replaced with a raymarine.

The most important thing is your transducer. Do not make the mistake of getting anything less than a 1000 watt thru hull, you will regret it later, believe me.

Hope that helps.

Transducer 1000 watts for sure. The best 50/200 kilo and knowing how to peak your machine.The garmin is more user friendly and great tech help when you call them. Pm me with any?

I have a 600 and it is not strong enough. Whatever you do go with the 1000.

Thread Information